Nikolai and Jensen mastermind Ombraz Armless Sunglasses out of a rustic barn loft (complete with zipline) in Bellevue, WA. Propelled into the eyewear scene via an Indiegogo campaign in 2018, Ombraz is shaking up an industry that hasn't seen a significant design shift in over 200 years.
Ombraz have since won Backpacker Magazine Gear Editors’ Choice Award, Gear Junkie’s Best Sunglasses of 2020, USA Today’s Best Gear of 2020 and Outside Magazine’s Gear of the Year in 2021. A passionate community of armless eyewear fanatics have mobilized behind the brand and our armless design has quickly become a gear favorite in the active-lifestyle outdoor space.
While Ombraz solve many of the inherent issues we’ve all experienced with eyewear - we’ve got zero interest in shipping plastic around the world without delivering a substantial net-benefit environmental impact. Through our mangrove reforestation efforts - each pair is 1,384X carbon-negative, making Ombraz the most carbon-negative product available on the planet.
Our tenacious, nimble and creative spirit keeps our day-to-day workflow dynamic and fun. We love solving problems and we have set ambitious goals for this company. While our global HQ is in Bellevue, you’ll often find us working remotely. We absolutely love building this brand and we are ecstatic about the next stage - building a team of masterminds to push the boundaries of normalcy and catapult Ombraz into an industry ripe for innovation.
Our approach to making decisions and steering the ship:
- Nothing is Better - We believe that armless sunglasses provide an unrivaled sunglass experience - because, well, they do. For Ombraz, the sky's the limit.
- Protect the Brand - We’re building something unique & special. Make decisions that protect & elevate what we’re building. Never sacrifice the brand for short-term wins.
- Raise the Bar - Maintain relentlessly high standards that exceed expectations. Quality is first, always.
- Deliver a Net-Positive Impact - Generate net-benefit environmental, social & financial impacts. From our supply-chain partners, to our employees & customers, create a positive experience for everyone who interacts with us.
- Be Curious & Think Outside the Box - Use your problem-solving nature to navigate around dead-ends and drive results. Ask questions. Be a knowledge sponge. Bend the rules of normalcy.
- Simplify - Take a minimalist approach to alleviate complications & enable growth.
- Find Mentors - Forge relationships with smart people who can help you grow personally and professionally.
- Think Scalably - Invent processes that address the root cause of an issue & don’t create extra work. Deep-dive & make data-driven decisions.
- HAVE SOME DAMN FUN!
Ideal for a role above? Drop us a note and we'll let you know when the job launches!